'Houses are but badly built boats so firmly aground that you cannot think of moving them. They are definitely inferior things, belonging to the vegetable not the animal world, rooted and stationary, incapable of gay transition. The desire to build a house is the tired wish of man content thenceforward with a single anchorage. The desire to build a boat is the desire of youth, unwilling yet to accept the idea of a final resting-place'. - Arthur Ransome





'For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore, paralysed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze.'
-Richard Bode



Friday, July 30, 2010

Broome onwards via satellite phone

Kiella and the good ship 'Foreign Affair' have left Broome on their return journey to Darwin. The lovely Sue and Chris Howard are aboard and adapting to boat-life.

Kiella returned to SilverLeaves so everyone could hop into the tank and cool off. They have since been bathing in waterfalls and have even managed to wash their clothes in some fresh water pools.

Chris has been enjoying the fishing and catching some striped tuna - some of which have have been nibbled by sharks. They even caught one of the sharks but cut it loose. It seems that the aquatic life is a lot more visible this time around with Chris encountering a 7ft crocodile at 3am in the morning whilst standing on the duck board gazing at the moon (Ahem).

Everyone is well, apart from a few 'southern' colds and they are all enjoying the serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment