'Houses are but badly built boats so firmly aground that you cannot think of moving them. They are definitely inferior things, belonging to the vegetable not the animal world, rooted and stationary, incapable of gay transition. The desire to build a house is the tired wish of man content thenceforward with a single anchorage. The desire to build a boat is the desire of youth, unwilling yet to accept the idea of a final resting-place'. - Arthur Ransome





'For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore, paralysed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze.'
-Richard Bode



Friday, April 23, 2010

 
The view out the front window while on watch to Dunk Island.NB the new blinds in their cassette.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a pretty successful run so far tho pretty hot pace at times! Alcheringa has turned on the homeward run from Coffin Bay. M&M boarded at Port Lincoln where the crew extracted a few hints re where to find whiting. They'd got big snapper and some sweep and flathead but whiting had been elusive - however they've had some good ones after getting local intelligence. They will revisit various islands on the way back and spend a few days at kangaroo isalnd with Mark's cousin Garry Elliot on board . Weather has somewhat improved - hope the calmer ocean stays that way for a while. In Leongatha we've been having quite a few humid warm days and some good rain - excellent autumn so far and lots of weeds flourishing in my garden.
    Kids arriving this evening , visitors over Easter , various sorties to Melb and internet research have kept me occupied. Enjoy the sunny north - hope you weren't Melbourne Storm fans. Cheers Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new blinds look awesome. I bet they help a lot with the Queensland sun!

    ReplyDelete