'Houses are but badly built boats so firmly aground that you cannot think of moving them. They are definitely inferior things, belonging to the vegetable not the animal world, rooted and stationary, incapable of gay transition. The desire to build a house is the tired wish of man content thenceforward with a single anchorage. The desire to build a boat is the desire of youth, unwilling yet to accept the idea of a final resting-place'. - Arthur Ransome





'For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore, paralysed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze.'
-Richard Bode



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oil Change at Gove

 
Our new motor had its first oil change while we waited for the weather to change at Gove.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Good to read the blog again - will track you on your way east hopefully.It has been raining steadily on the Melbourne races and now at Leongatha though no wind. It could be pretty cosy at Marita's birthday tonight as it seems little chance of staying outside . Wonder if you'll be back in good ol Vic in time to put a vote in the local ballot box ?? Peter just arisen from 40 winks recovering from a couple of days at Patrick's . Better do something for a meal I guess. Best wishes Peter and Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see Dad getting his hands dirty.

    ReplyDelete