'Houses are but badly built boats so firmly aground that you cannot think of moving them. They are definitely inferior things, belonging to the vegetable not the animal world, rooted and stationary, incapable of gay transition. The desire to build a house is the tired wish of man content thenceforward with a single anchorage. The desire to build a boat is the desire of youth, unwilling yet to accept the idea of a final resting-place'. - Arthur Ransome





'For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore, paralysed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze.'
-Richard Bode



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Damp Darwin

Wednesday 13 October finds us still in this great place.When we launched, the new motor needed some alignment plus a sensor was not happy. Any rate we made it into the Marina on one motor and here we sit , waiting, waiting for the people who can fix our problem to turn up.Yesterday the motor was given the tick now all we have to do is 3 to 4 hours outside to commission it.When Ty, our great fix it person who is the busiest man in Darwin turns up and hooks the shaft to the engine we can.
FA who we have been travelling with made it into Cairns on the 11th after some not really pleasant passage making.
The winds here have started to go more to the north for a few days at a time so may be our forced stay will have its rewards later. Who Knows?????

No comments:

Post a Comment