'Houses are but badly built boats so firmly aground that you cannot think of moving them. They are definitely inferior things, belonging to the vegetable not the animal world, rooted and stationary, incapable of gay transition. The desire to build a house is the tired wish of man content thenceforward with a single anchorage. The desire to build a boat is the desire of youth, unwilling yet to accept the idea of a final resting-place'. - Arthur Ransome





'For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore, paralysed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze.'
-Richard Bode



Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Napier Broome Bay (via satellite phone)

We are safely ensconced in the lovely Napier Broome Bay. It is not near Broome, but sort of in that nook to the west of the chunky-bit of Australia (very technical terms!)

Everyone is well - despite our lack of success with fishing, but Foreign Affair is sharing and we are at least trying.

We met up with a fuel barge early this morning - all a little interesting and we will have a tale to tell when we get back in internet range and can update this blog properly.

Off for our afternoon naps, reading of books and general relaxation.

The crew of Kiella.

1 comment:

  1. It's pretty chilly here in South G.Over 72 mils of rain during the 10 days we house-sat in McLeod and a few more since. Peter finished Patrick's deck , came home for recovery for a couple of days and is now constructing the swim platform for Alcheringa. I've been trying to contact Sandra Casbolt so now know where they are approximately. They seem to go outback for the winter these days. Didn't have the chance to visit Darwin ( or didn't take it - farm work etc ) when my sister lived there - must get there some time as it sounds pretty interesting. Enjoy the trip to the Kimberley - watch out for barges and rig supply boats etc! Best wishes Wilma and Peter

    ReplyDelete