'Houses are but badly built boats so firmly aground that you cannot think of moving them. They are definitely inferior things, belonging to the vegetable not the animal world, rooted and stationary, incapable of gay transition. The desire to build a house is the tired wish of man content thenceforward with a single anchorage. The desire to build a boat is the desire of youth, unwilling yet to accept the idea of a final resting-place'. - Arthur Ransome





'For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore, paralysed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze.'
-Richard Bode



Thursday, June 10, 2010

Berkeley River WA

Hello,
(translated from the satellite phone by Kyra)

On behalf of the crew of the good-ship 'Kiella' via satellite phone 'Hello!'.
We are safely ensconced in the postcard perfect Berkeley River in WA.
It looks amazing, with a very impressive waterfall which is high enough
to be free of crocodiles - we hope!
Everyone is well and pleased to be safely anchored after a fairly uncomfortable
trip across.

The fair-ship 'Foreign Affair' is here and enjoying the inspiring beauty of Berkeley River.

This is a great site with loads of pictures of the Berkeley River. Cut and paste it into your browser to see where they are.

http://kimberleycruising.com.au/Kimberley%20Rivers/berkeley.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment