'Houses are but badly built boats so firmly aground that you cannot think of moving them. They are definitely inferior things, belonging to the vegetable not the animal world, rooted and stationary, incapable of gay transition. The desire to build a house is the tired wish of man content thenceforward with a single anchorage. The desire to build a boat is the desire of youth, unwilling yet to accept the idea of a final resting-place'. - Arthur Ransome





'For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore, paralysed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze.'
-Richard Bode



Sunday, November 21, 2010

Rosslyn Bay, safe in the Marina

Boy have we been lucky on the whole with the weather since April this year, the maximum we have had to batten down was 4 days at North Goulburn Island and Cooktown……..well Huey is making up for all of that. With a sniff of home, we could make it in ten [favorable weather conditions] days; BUT no way now.
Yesterday we waved good-bye to Flynn and Kai after their 12 enjoyable, rain every day, many fish hits but few landing days with us aboard Kiella .Lucky for us we had booked a berth at Keppel Bay, at Rosslyn Bay near Yeppoon; as with the conditions on the water the marina is full. Looking at the BOM site and reading all the updates issued frequently I think we could be here for over a week or more. In the past 24 hours we have had over 95.6 mls of rain and the wind is getting up to 30kts with some gusts, this data I have found through some great sites on the web.
The Marina offers great service, including free use of their car for 2 hours to be able to stock up supplies with. We have booked it today, as we are going to check out Shearwater who is anchored in the creek still, but we believe that some work has been done to her. Jindinook now renamed, is also in the Marina, so if it stops raining we will take photos as well. Is this an omen that Kiella is to stay here…….well with the present conditions and time running out maybe until after Xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment