'Houses are but badly built boats so firmly aground that you cannot think of moving them. They are definitely inferior things, belonging to the vegetable not the animal world, rooted and stationary, incapable of gay transition. The desire to build a house is the tired wish of man content thenceforward with a single anchorage. The desire to build a boat is the desire of youth, unwilling yet to accept the idea of a final resting-place'. - Arthur Ransome





'For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore, paralysed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze.'
-Richard Bode



Saturday, March 6, 2010

The list grows!


Welcome to the blog of The Voyage of Kiella!


We are hoping to update this blog fairly regularly and when we don't have access to the internet we will ask Flynn, Taz, or Kyra to to update the blog with our whereabouts for those of you who are interested. Hopefully we will also be able to include some photos and maybe even a map to plot our wanderings.



So far all of the adventures have been taking place around Wilson's Promontory and have mostly involved friends, family, fishing and well...celebrating with a good ale.

We are very exicted about our impending voyage, but also quite daunted at the growing 'To Do' list, which just today blew out by another one and half pages.


So, welcome to our blog and stay in touch!

Ian and Elaine (Kiella)



2 comments:

  1. sounds like the going has been easier on the Jervis Bay course - take r & r when needed ,won't you!

    ReplyDelete